- Research & News
- About Us
- Get Involved
Do you want to learn about and participate in collaborative philanthropy?
Then giving circles may be for you.
Our circles allow you to:
- Have a say in how your donations are used
- Learn to be an effective, strategic philanthropist and grantmaker
- Build community with other donors
- Connect and be inspired by social justice advocates and their work
- Connect with and learn more about the Women’s Foundation of California
- Leverage your gift for greater impact.
Giving circles are a vital part of fulfilling our vision, mission and business model. Some are operated by Foundation staff, while others operate more independently.
As a giving circle member, you will receive education about strategic grantmaking and training to evaluate grant proposals, conduct site visits and make grants to effective organizations and programs. The circles have membership ranging from eight to 50 members and often a member serves as the chair for one cycle. Our giving circles welcome members at varying levels of income, wealth and philanthropic experience. Though there are minimum annual contributions required for each circle, we welcome donations of all levels to support the circle’s field of interest, strategy or geographic focus.
For more information about joining any of these giving circles or starting one of your own, please contact Michelle Ramos-Burkhart at email@example.com or 213-346-3222.
Our current giving circles are:
- Economic Development and Justice Giving Circle
- Los Angeles Giving Circle
- Marlborough Student Charitable Fund
- Race, Gender and Human Rights Giving Circle
- Women's Achievement Network and Development Alliance (WANDA)
- Women Give San Diego
- Women of Color Giving Circle (on hiatus)
- Women Giving Opportunity (Women GO!)
- YWCA of the Mid-Peninsula Fund
Student discount office 2013 office 2013 home and business license Cost of microsoft office 365 buy final cut express for mac Download corel draw x6 trial filemaker pro 11 advanced mac download discount microsoft office 2010 for educators Indesign cs4 mac download windows 7 enterprise edition price download acrobat standard xi trial download acrobat xi pro microsoft excel price
Join the list
Your gift helps build a stronger California
Why giving circles?
When people ask me about joining a giving circle, I tell them that the circle provides them with camaraderie. It’s a low risk, safe place to learn about philanthropy. They’ll gain from the experience and advice of the Women’s Foundation of California. And they’ll have fun!
Gretchen Sandler, EDJe